Season 2, Episode 8
Host(s): Dr. Larry Force, Andrew O’Grady, Elisa Gwilliam
In this episode of INTERSECTIONS Policy, Program, and Practice Exchange, Andrew O’Grady and Dr. Larry Force discusses the mental health impacts of COVID-19 and suggestions to ease the re-entry process using technology.
- Collective mental health effects of COVID-19
- Difficulties with re-entry into the world after quarantine
- Impact of COVID on family dynamics
- New technology born from the pandemic
- Effects of social isolation on mental health
- Public libraries as a community hub
- I feel alone and want to use or drink
- I’m afraid no one will help me with my sobriety
- Do I have an addiction?
- I need to use to feel better
- “They say that prolonged exposure to something negative can impact you in a very negative way, and that’s what leads to PTSD-type symptoms…we as a country have been inundated since the beginning of COVI with graphic images [that have led to a collective experience of PTSD symptoms].” – Andrew O’Grady
- “People have been exposed to something very difficult. What do you walk away with?” – Dr. Larry Force