Season 2, Episode 10
Host(s): Dr. Larry Force, Andrew O’Grady, Elisa Gwilliam
Guest(s): Breezy Nowlan: founder and CEO of Taste Recovery based in Los Angeles, California
The INTERSECTIONS Exchange team is joined by Breezy Nowlan, the founder and CEO of Taste Recovery, a nationwide sober living directory platform. Nowlan shares her personal experience in recovery, rehabilitation and sober living and describes how this experience inspired her to create a free and easily accessible network of high-quality sober living facilities. At 23:00, Nowlan and Andrew O’Grady discuss the importance of treating addiction and trauma simultaneously instead of separately.
- Breezy Nowlan’s journey through recovery and into the recovery field
- Difficulties with corrupt sober living facilities
- Outline and mission of Taste Recovery
- Intersections of addiction and PTSD
- Importance of treating addiction and trauma together
- Alcoholism as a disease instead of a character flaw
- Taste Recovery
- Breezy Nowlan LinkedIn
- Do I have to stop drinking forever?
- I’ve started drinking and using at work
- If I drink a lot, does that make me an alcoholic?
- “When I finally got sober, I think that’s when people were definitely like ‘oh wow, you’re really different, I didn’t realize how miserable you were before and how much of a light has come back on since getting sober.’” – Breezy Nowlan
- “We’ve got to get to a place where we’re really focusing on the whole person and dealing with all of it [addiction and trauma together], not just one or the other.” – Andrew O’Grady