Season 2, Episode 11
Host(s): Dr. Larry Force, Elisa Gwilliam
Guest(s): Vance Larson: case manager, life coach
Curtis Paul: Executive Director of Recovery Resources Center based in Salisbury, Maryland
Dr. Larry Force is joined by life coach Vance Larson and Executive Director of Recovery Resource Center Curtis Paul to discuss changes in the recovery community. Additionally, the panel discusses the importance of honesty and celebration in recovery and the power of hope transmitted through the sharing of recovery stories.
- Overview of the Recovery Resource Center and resources provided
- Importance of celebration in recovery
- Peer support in recovery
- Curtis Paul’s journey to the recovery field
- Addiction and recovery-based communities
- Importance of ‘tearing down walls’ and sharing your story to give others hope in recovery
- Value of digital mental health support
- Curtis Paul LinkedIn
- Recovery Resource Center
- Vance Larson Life Coaching
- What does peer support look like?
- I’m addicted to more than one substance, what do I do?
- I’m afraid no one will help me with my sobriety
- “Whatever we can provide to the community to build our recovery network and build that support network and that support system to help people be more successful, that’s what we’re here for.” – Curtis Paul
- “Whether we are trying to not face reality, whether we are trying to suppress what happened to us, whether we are just trying to get through life and not feel, [in terms of treating this trauma], tearing down the old way of mental health? I love that concept.” – Vance Larson
- “The thing that we know is the power of lived experience…it’s a gift.” – Dr. Larry Force